Account permanently restricted for no reason - desperately need to withdraw my income for rent????

noaaaaa
New Community Member

I've literally always gone by the terms and never done anything wrong yet my account has been permanently limited and I desperately need to withdraw my funds to pay rent??? I've seen this is a recurring issue where people have done absolutely nothing wrong and I'm just so frantic and frustrated because this is my income??? I can't even pay for my apartment right now as I cant withdraw my money ?? Paypal please help 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Catherenicole
Me too also
Login to Me Too

AlexandraM2
New Community Member
Did you get a resolution to this problem? I had the same issue and I can’t make any contact with PayPal
Login to Me Too

mikeGmar

Me as well and I have be completly transparent with all I have been doing on my account and they still wont let me withdrawl my smal smal amount of money in my account. I need it so badly for my bills and have starting selling personal card collection and now they want proof of where I bought my cards from and receipt's from over 20 years of collecting and trading? Also none of my ID is good enough for them and want me to spend more money I dont have on a passport they will probably just deny as well? Paypal is just getting awful and I was just starting to think we were finally getting a good company with a great connection to online virtual and physical shopping and selling ad marketplace, garage sale like items and things and now its juat getting spoiled by all those damn scammers and people out there who just corrupt everything and make everything about stealing and moving stolen goods and money gained by illegal doings making it impossible for good people to just make the rent or the gas bill by selling they're lamps and hockey cards and just basic craps. Everything is just taken away from the small guy all the time now. AND NOW I can even get my stupid $90 bucks out of my STUPID PAPY account because I havent answered enough of they're impossible QUESTIONS and impossible HOOPS havent been jumped thru. I just feel taken advantage of Its like they didnt even really read any of what I actually wrote to them they just saw that it wasnt what they asked for and just hit the deny button. So disappointed in my Paypal!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeGmar 

@noaaaaa 

@AlexandraM2 

@Catherenicole 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Some common reasons are underage accounts - using friends/family payments when buying goods or services to evade paying fees - selling something against paypals acceptable use policy - lots of disputes etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Famous36
Contributor
Contributor
What are you insinuating **bleep**? I use PayPal for uber, UberEATS, and purchases off ebay. Now suddenly my PayPal account gets restricted for no reason. And by the sounds of things they apparently are making these incorrect assumptions far too regularly. It is a massive inconvenience for me, let alone completely undeserved.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Famous36 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SEATTLEET
Contributor
Contributor

I've now been 'permanently limited' & can no longer use Paypal. ZERO explanation. ZERO details as to what might be a concern. All I've done is pay bills, bought items, & sent funds to family/friends (I PAY A FEE TO DO THE LATTER UPFRONT). This is the most unprofessional interaction with a company I've ever had. No customer contact. No valid resolution process. At best some total VAGUE insinuation that some TOS was broken while producing ZERO evidence.
  I've initiated a 2nd review to Paypal's "Back office" thru Paypal's "Front office/Customer Service" (who has no way to access details & provide no real help). Yet there has been NO communications back & bills are due. 
  Given no other option and the unfairness of the situation, I am left with going to FaceBook, Twitter, and every social media possible to spread the facts of what Paypal is doing. People need to know and be prepared. I can't convey had disappointed I am by this mistreatment.

Login to Me Too

junchengyi
Contributor
Contributor

My account is suddenly restricted. And it didn't tell me the reason for being restricted. I request to lift account restrictions.

Login to Me Too

pdx229
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem. I do not sell or trade anything on PayPal. Yet, they say "Some of your products or services are in violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy and you can no longer use PayPal".

What is this rubbish? What product or services, can they show evidence?

All I use it for is things like online merchants for food or music lessons. 

What have I done that's illegal - no explanation given. I called customer service twice. They have no explanation to give. The customer service is helpless. I asked to talk to a manager and they cannot put be through. This is the WORST service imaginable. 

PayPal - you need to do better! 

I don't need you - you need your customers. Shame on you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.