Account locked up as soon as money is received.

Spyro2
Contributor
Contributor

I am about to sell some items.  My problem is that I use paypal mainly for purchases, I very rarely use them for sales and receiving money.   The last two times I received any substantial amount, paypal locked my account, I presume because it was rare for me to receive money and that made it look unusual and suspicious to them, and I had to go through a process to unlock it.

I know it will probably happen again as soon I receive money. 

Is there any way to avoid this this time?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

A-Ilyes
Contributor
Contributor

@Spyro2 

To remove a limitation from your account:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Under 'Your account access is limited,' click Go to Account Limitations.
  3. Click Resolve beside each requirement.

If you're required to upload documents, upload them before the deadline.

If you complete all of the requirements and your account remains limited, it might be because:

• They need additional information from you. Check your emails for more info.
  • They haven't finished reviewing your case. Support will email you with our decision.

In most cases, PayPal's customer service team can't remove your limitation over the phone. Please wait for us to contact you.

Advice is voluntary. 
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Spyro2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I asked.

I don't want to remove a limitation from my account, I want the limitation not to happen in the first place.

I know how to remove a limitation, I've done it twice, it's an unnecessary waste of my time.

Login to Me Too

MaddyD1206
How did you remove the lock. I just opened a PayPal account and a family member sent me money from another state as a gift and soon as it transfer in my account PayPal locked my account and says it will take 180 days to get my money. They say the account was too risky and I can't use PayPal any more. I did nothing wrong I just opened the account and only received a gift of money from 1 person... Not selling or buying anything!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.