Account hacked, money transferred and account closed

ShaskiaJ
New Community Member

Hi, 

So I received an email tonight stating that all the funds in my PayPal had been transferred to an email address I have never heard of. Debit cards were added and removed and then my account was closed. All within minutes.

I have no way to decline/reverse the claim because my account does not exist anymore. I had to recreate an account using the same email and now PayPal is giving me automated answers instead of actual solutions. 

I have the name of the email that the funds were sent into. 

HELP please. 

I am so angry and frustrated and PayPal is just leading me around in circles. I can't open a claim because my account is closed. I cant open my account because it does not exist. 

I have No idea what to do... Please can someone assist. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShaskiaJ 

Contact customer service:     

1. https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Password and account access.     
  3. Click Report unauthorized access or unknown charges.    
  4. Click Call Us after the “This information might help” box.
  5. Click “call us as guest”.
  6. Explain to customer service what happened to your account like you did here. Giving any/all info you may have to assist in investigation, like the person’s name/email address money went to, etc.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter.    

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal     

Twitter: @AskPayPal      

Also do a sweep of your devices for malware. Perhaps get a more secure internet connection. Beef up your cyber security overall. Check if you been to phishing websites, catching a virus/malware or clicked any phishing emails.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Faizdun
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Saskiaj, I just have the same situation. Today 23 may 2022 at 01:20am I received many emails from paypal saying about money transfer, deleted bank account, deleted card, a transaction receipt to alibaba and the last one was saying that my acount is closed. All email are sent to me in a minute. All my money is used to pay the transaction that I never made.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.