Account hacked and paypal is not helping

hmurya
Contributor
Contributor

my gmail account got hacked recently and i had stored passwords in that and hence my paypal was accessed by someone. an unauthorised transaction was made on my account for 255 euros and as soon as i saw it i changed my password, got my card blocked and filed a dispute.

Paypal came back saying that the transaction is NOT unauthorised. I then used the message center to inform paypal that their resolution was wrong and they said they will contact the seller and make sure it was not unauthorised. Ofcourse if the seller has hacked in my account they wont accept it and say that i did indeed purchase something from them.

So paypal came back saying that i HAVE made this purchase. I am not sure what else to do now or who to contact for them to look into it more. I have recurring payments on my account for discord, playstation and spotify so this definitely doesnt align with my recurring payment.

Can someone else help me with this and look into this more because contacting the seller is definitely not the solution if my accounts password was leaked.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @hmurya,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear the case you filed was not found in your favor. When an unauthorized case is filed, we investigate the account to see if there is any evidence that the account was accessed by an unauthorized third-party. If we don't find any evidence of this, then the claim may denied. For further assistance with this, please contact us by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Thanks,

- Celeste S

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.