Account cancelled after creation, money taken by Paypal

mabo333
Contributor
Contributor

I opened an account and wanted to receive a payment for a private service. As advised by service taker I set a bill accordingly with necessary details and requested the payment, which I received. PayPal then took their commision and locked the amount, requested my indentity proof (ID) and also a proof or document for the deal/service, for which I provided the order confirmation and bill made with my partner.

Then Paypal shut down my account without the option to do anything, I even cannot contact support or file a ticket, can't pay out, can't cancel the transaction – nothing and no further information. Accordingly I will delete the account since I can't do anything with it.

But what happens to the transaction, will Paypal just keep this money or what? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sean

Hi mabo333, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your PayPal account has been closed. In general, an account can be permanently limited for multiple reasons, such as excessive risk, breach of our User Agreement, or a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. Unfortunately, when this decision is made, we can't overturn it, I am afraid. If you have funds on your balance, these may be held for up to 180 days, and you will receive an email update as soon as your balance is released. You can then withdraw this to your bank account. I hope this helps. Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.