Account access

IPortia
Contributor
Contributor

Please Paypal, a password should be enough to access my account. I do not want to give my mobile number, I do not want texts or calls from Paypal, emails should be enough. You can easily send codes by that method. It is an invasion of privacy. Please immediately do something about this.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Kokopeace33
Contributor
Contributor
I can't complain about my paper account I want to use my Nigerian bank to be running this app please help me between 24 hours
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kokopeace33 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tbwoodturner
Contributor
Contributor

I now have no way to access my account. I don't have a cell number. This is the dumbest thing around.

Login to Me Too

IPortia
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I now want to close my Paypal account, but can't log in to do so, or even to send a message. Shame Paypal!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IPortia 

@tbwoodturner 

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

To regain access so you can add one or close your account.....

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

wavetrader
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a mobile phone and my land line does not text. This crap pay pal. I cannot even contact them.

Login to Me Too

tbwoodturner
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to log in yesterday and transfer all money to my bank. Today it wants a cell phone number again and I can't log in. Idiots!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tbwoodturner 

@wavetrader 

You need to add a mobile phone if you want to continue using your paypal account.

There has been a message on all paypal accounts for months telling you to update or add one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tbwoodturner
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have cell reception. There should be a better way. I can log in to the IRS without a cell phone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.