Account Limitations

SandyBeaches2
I just received a message from PayPal saying that I will no longer be able to use paypal services due to my business account being used in a manner the violates their user agreement. I don't even have a business account so why is this happening?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SandyBeaches2 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Random193

I wouldn't bother - I've just messaged Paypal through Facebook and they've told me the same thing they said in their rather curt email that I received last night, totally out of the blue.

My account is closed. They won't give me any details about why. I have no right to appeal. I can't open another account either.

This account is a business account that is linked to my website, so now I have to ensure I change the links on my site and anywhere else it might be, and find a new method for people to pay me.

I'm being punished and I've done nothing wrong!  I had no warning this would happen, no contact, no questions asked, and they are also keeping my money for up to 180 days!!

I was hoping it was an error in the system, but after emailing them through the Message Centre and contacting them through Facebook, they have been very clear in telling me my account is CLOSED.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Random193 

Just because it didn't work for you there is no reason to advise others not to try.

Works often and is worth reaching out to check as per this thread.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Account/Made-a-business-account-and-it-was-immediately-...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EtFedx
New Community Member

Mine too is being closed and i am not sure what part of agreement i broke (received an email last night )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.