cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Options
AnnabellaW
Contributor

This 'reviewing of accounts' is about collecting copies of our personal information. I was a customer for many years before my account was 'reviewed' recently for no reason. I won't send copies of my DL or bank statement to anyone. Use regular ID verification Paypal!!! - secret questions etc. This practice is intrusive and unnecessary. We are supposed to be your valued clients!!  You are not protecting our accounts. This week I received an email from you telling me that I no longer had to enter a password on my usual device!! Even if you had not locked my account I would always want to enter my password. Now I have to change everything over to my visa debit account as I cannot trust YOU Pay Pal. Read the other messages on this forum about the stress you are causing your customers from these 'reviews' and those are just the people who are able to go on to forums, many more without voices will be suffering out there. 

Options
Temp20201204e
Contributor
Those are unjustified reasons for limiting the clients accounts and suspending their transactions. I think paypal started using the clients money fraudulently. I have been using this service for more than 8 years, spending thousands of dollars a year and finally my account has been imitated.

Options
Temp20201204e
Contributor
paypal is risky

Options
Hailsphoenix
Contributor

I am having a similar issue with restrictions. I am our business Paypal account owner. I don't have shares in my company but I am listed as director on companies house, I am authorised signatory on our bank account and I do have authority to make decisions on behalf of the business. A limitation was put on becasue a customer paid an Invoice by Paypal. Usually we do BACS and paypal is only used for our ebay small items sold. i was restricted immediately and unable to withdraw the money to the approved bank on our paypal account to allocate the money to Invoice. I had to then refund my customer, prove who I was (driving licence) provided a utility bill with my name, company name and addess on, a letter of authorisation from the main shareholder of the company to prove I was authorised to make decisions for the company. I did all this 5 times! 5 Times talking to 5 different people in cutsomer services and none of which were able to lift restrictions without the main company shareholders home address and photo ID. Both of which he is refusing to let PayPal have. After the hell I've been through and hoops Ive jumped through to sort this out, without even being able to speak to a human being with any common sense, now all i want to do is close this riduclous account!! It has been a horrendous and stressful experience for 3 months!! While there is restrictions, they wont let you close it. So I am now in no-mans land what can I do now?

Options
Mickmt

I know , it is sickening.I would suggest legal action.

Alternatively take it to the press & give them some bad press. We have in Ausralia a tv. show - 60 minutes that will pressure misconduct.

Options
urbaknight
Contributor

You need to take it to the court. It seems to be the unanimous recommendation from those who won their case against PayPal and I am going to do the same to get back my money. 

Options
NicolaB83
They have shut my account down too No explanation given and no ability to appeal. This is highly suspicious and they lock up our money for 6 months!! Don’t answer the phone and just send unhelpful scripted responses that have no clear reason for the closure of my account. This cannot be legal to treat peoples money and business like this

Options
1tired
Contributor

Another person on here advised to start a Class Action Lawsuit.  Please go to Top Class Actions.  Please join the lawsuit that I filed.  Joining together is the only way to make something happen.  They just abuse the person alone.  Just like the short squeeze there is strength in numbers.

<removed>

Options
Cleeis4me
Contributor
There is a clause in their Acceptable Use Policy that we all agreed to when we clicked accept in the beginning that we can't file a Class Action **bleep**- that everything will be handled through Arbitration

Options
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
It's the same as I would write my own user policy that I am allowed to kill a person and go shooting down people on the street. It doesn't allow them to scam people, to steal customers money.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.