cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Options
cleegy
Contributor

Paypal mafia is what they are called, 5 owners stealing innocent peoples money! After 8 perfect years of selling using Paypal as my provider and making them money and being on their VIP list, without notice or reason, they permanently closed my account and banned me from ever using paypal again. I called many times to ask why as this was my livelihood, they wouldn't answer me! I had a good sized balance that I thought would be given back to me after 6 month waiting period only to find they took my whole balance, in my book that is absolutely stealing! I am now in low income living and have lost my business because of their immoral standards. When reading feedback from other customers, they had similar horror stories, so this new kind of mafia has made millions off of innocent, hard working people. 

Paypal, the Bible states that you cannot make money off of other people's misery!

Options
LilyPadStock
Contributor
You are not well. PayPal is not ran by 8 owners. It's ran by a lot of people and an algorithm. People are paid to program it and help people. The owners are not the only ones in charge. They have Manager's and other types of workers. PayPal is not a bank doesn't claim to be a bank. It's a place to hold digital currency. There's no government in control of digital currency so PayPal has rights to do as they please. They are not stealing.

Options
LIMitedafter17
Contributor

Well, I guess i;m lucky after 2.5 months, they found and I copy and paste..

"Because of your consistently good performance, we're removing your account's rolling and minimum payment reserves."

So why the hold in the first place? They shut me out for 2.5 months with NO explanation. The no explanation or to be able to get a hold of someone that doesn't have to read off a cue card is troubling , especially for doing this as a business account. Like i said before I had not one issue in 17 years. I cannot trust them now.

Options
Monsterpaint
Contributor

--- think I replied to wrong person --- deleted

Options
Erick104
Contributor
My account is limited for no apparent reason yet i provided all that is needed for them to resolve the issue how can this be resolved

Options
Kusinaniearth

Why until now i dont have any feedback and any updates on my account

Options
keithfuch
Contributor

the algorithm is broken. 

the resolution system is broken.

any of the agents you talk to can only repeat a handful of scripted responses and have no power to actually help you and have no knowledge of your individual case.

I came here just to delete my personal data because its showing up on web searches for my name and I cant even do that. 

sorry, we are out of luck.

Options
Annoyed87
This company is too big and well used for such a crappy awful customer service. I mean seriously how can you just randomly limit an account without so much of a verication of said “suspicious activity” and then permanently ban me? There is no way to actually verify what happen since reps are in the dark. They claim to email you but I didn’t receive anything. Can’t view any messages. Can’t really create a new account. I’ve been a customer since 2010. This is BS

Options
Monsterpaint
Contributor

They rely on the fact very few people are wealthy enough to challenge them in court, especially after their money and indeed livelihoods have been taken away.

Aside from the incompetence and contempt they have for the customer, which are after all commonplace in the banking world, the number of bugs on their site is staggering. It's like a pre-alpha release of the software. Clearly the underlying algorithms are just as buggy.

I transfer money out of Paypal within hours of it arriving, because I don't trust them to hold onto it for a minute. Luckily I have the ability to accept payments via credit and debit cards using another provider, because if I had to rely on these clowns there's no way I could run a business.

Options
temp20220507c
Contributor
I just had my account limited and mine is a personal not business account.ive never sold nothing through here

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.