cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Limitations: What You Need to Know

Options
homerlea
Contributor

I cannot list items on eBay because PayPal froze my account but still have about 200 items on eBay previously listed. When an item sells eBay tells the customer they cannot pay by credit card or PayPal and to contact me. I have to tell them that PayPal froze my account so the only way to pay me and get their item is to send me a money order or personal check, otherwise cancel the sale. About half the people just ask to cancel the sale which I do, but he item is now off eBay and if I hit the relist button it says sorry option not available so since it is no longer listed I cannot sell it to anyone else either.

Options
aychua11
Contributor

You should go directly to your customer and make a new temporary arrangement for payments.  In the meantime look for another payment processing partner.  This PayPal is getting to be impossible and they need to experience stronger competition.  You're not the only one loaded with issues yet PayPal is uncooperative.

Options
prpmysterious7
Contributor

That's all in the FAQs. It tells us NOTHING specific. I am not a seller. I just get my money through PayPal for mystery shopping, or I should say, did.

Options
Kenrow
I don't Know the reason I was permanently blocked/limited/restricted. I used 3 browsers to login into my PayPal account. Do different browser trigger the system? Is that the reason that triggered the system to suspend me? This is just a new account I opened to do business because they only accept PayPal. Am a student and suspending me on PayPal means I have no other platform to perform the transaction. Through the business I obtain my livelihood and train myself in school. Irrespective, of the cause of the permanent limitations, I'd like the PayPal crew to review my account and help me out. I haven't used the account for once to receive money. I have already given out my PayPal email to third party business am working with. I will be grateful if my account is lifted out of suspension and all restrictions taken out

Options
homerlea
Contributor

once your account is permanently blocked you have no chance of getting it restored. It is really strange that after I was permanently tossed out I had no trouble signing up for Venmo, which is owned by PayPal.

Options
Simbaloo
Contributor

The big problem here is that you put restrictions on accounts only because of "suspicious" and "unusual" activity, and of course you very often create big problems for totally innocent people this way. And this is an even bigger issue when you refuse to give any helt whatsoever when people ask for it! I don't know if my account have been "limited" or if there is any other problems, but this is ompossible to solve because you don't even answer emails to the customers support with a full description of the problems. How can you ever defend this behavior, PayPal_Mark?

Options
smjjgs8
Contributor

Same here. Suspicious activity; but never explain multiple emails, responses from different people each time. Just unthinking rote responses. Don't help, despite many requests for help. Then,just as suddenly it's OK. Oh, wait try again and it isn't. I feel like Alice following the white rabbit down the hole. And, ta da playing the infamous Red Queen, none other than the dastardly, PayPal....

Options
josey218
Contributor
I was banned for life they said it was suspicious & unusual activity & I tried to tell them it wasn't me but they wouldn't listen at all just kept saying your banned for life final decision & wouldn't tell me what the problem was with my account. I tried to call but of course no answer. THEY ARE REDICULIOUS!!!!!

Options
Joshua-Tat2
Contributor
IC3.gov Check that website out that is for cyber crimes they are committing cyber crimes by not returning our money to us they pulling this with numerous people there’s over 37,000 threads with the same **bleep**. Report them I did I’m telling everyone to do it they have to give your money back this is **bleep** they offer some kind of warranty that isn’t even **bleep**ing real it’s fraud. And then every time they give you a date which things are going to be resolved by they extend it again. **bleep** them report them that link that I sent you at the beginning that’s how you do it

Options
homerlea
Contributor

That is more than they accused me of doing... they just said I may have done something wrong.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.