Account Hacked and Closed

Waynergy
Contributor
Contributor

I have had someone, just this week, hack into my account, turn on two-step verification, add the email address [removed], and then turn off two-step verification. I was notified of this via email. When I went to log in, to investigate, my account no longer exists. There were no funds in the account, but I regularly used it as a seemingly secure third party to pay for purchases through eBay, via my own debit card. Now I'm doubting the point of even having a PayPal account at all. It is supposed to be a safe and secure, yet has just proven to be neither. It is fortunate that I haven't lost any money, else I would be seeking recompense. I am furious that this could happen to honest, unsuspecting people.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Gardner84
New Community Member
This just happened to me also..They took out money then refunded me literally 1 min later..I only know that cause I got an email..I went to Log in and it’s like my account never even existed ..Now I’m wondering if they have all my credit card info on all my cards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.