Abhilasha fm etsy Scam

Indiasmj
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I purchased saree on Etsy/Abhilasha. Requested that seller contacts me before shipment. Seller shows image of item which is totally different to item advertised. I request the item is not shipped and refunded. After ‘WhatsApp’ argument, seller agrees. The item arrives in UK damaged. I return to india and the seller won’t accept customs clearance as I have placed a negative review and is asking I remove review before refund is given. In the meantime in the background…..seller is verbally abusing me via WhatsApp….calling me names ….has stated she will upload my image and personal details to internet…..sending malicious messages and telling Etsy I’ve been refunded with photoshopped images off PayPal screenshots. How do I escalate, already filed claim however seller is not accepting return in india.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Indiasmj,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum.

I am sorry to know about what has happened. If you're unable to settle your dispute, you can escalate it to PayPal. By escalating it to PayPal, you’re asking us to investigate it and decide the outcome. Here's the link for the help center article to know more information, once you escalate, our concern team will help you with what is next to be done. If you need any help, please reach out to our contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options for help.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Reema5787
Contributor
Contributor

I too have this issue for the item purchased from same seller.

Item is very cheap quality and different to what was displayed! PayPal rejected claim saying tracking number not provided with shipping address detail!

Feel like cheated as I lost both product and money!!!

Login to Me Too

Indiasmj
Contributor
Contributor

Do not be disheartened, I appealed and PayPal ruled in my favour. As long as you have proof of shipping then they should accept. I did complain as this is clearly as scam. The seller is disgusting and tried to make me remove case with both Etsy and PayPal. Carry on with appeals and complaints, if enough people report then they will be withdrawn.

Login to Me Too

Reema5787
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't raised this with Etsy, I am going to do this as well.

Thank you, I am keep trying and agree this should be withdraw. The only reason I made purchase is due the payment option was PayPal, which gave me little security when purchased item online.

Login to Me Too

Indiasmj
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly why I purchased! The (female) seller is on 'Linked In', I will report there too. A shame that PayPal and Etsy don't have stricter international trading laws. Keep all your evidence and keep appealing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.