ANGRY PAYPAL EMPLOYEE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT

Sis417

ANGRY PAYPAL EMPLOYEE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I MADE HER ANGRY. So VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mystery8764
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Unlike the previous reply, I will try to actually offer some condolence and a bit of insight. It would appear to me that there are some people at Paypal that are able to act with impunity. And when I say some, I mean some, not all. Entry level employees, for example, are not able to get away with whatever I think. But some employees who are not entry level are I think. 

Meaning, whether what they do is right or wrong, it doesn't matter because of the position they hold, and the lack of oversight, and accountability by their higher ups. It's unfortunate, but it would seem if someone one dislikes you strongly enough at Paypal they can affect the quality of the customer service you receive, and even close your account. That doesn't seem right to me, but it would seem like the reality of it.

And for all I know, they my delete this reply simply because they can, and they don't like it. But like I said, sorry to hear that. The only other thing I can think of to tell you is that you could try opening up accounts where they will treat you right as a customer as I doubt anyone at Paypal would take this kind of complaint seriously, whether it was valid or not. Discovercard, for example, has provided me with far superior customer service than what I have received here myself. And so has Progressive Insurance (even though that is a totally different type of business.) Best of luck to you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mystery8764 

Yet none of that helps them get their account back does it?

My reply was put so that other advisors would not take the time to view a post where no reply was needed as no question asked and no one here can help them get their account back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mystery8764
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

No, my reply doesn't help them get their account back, but I don't look at a reply on here as just a means of getting a person from point A to point B. I can appreciate that this may be helpful in some situations, and recognize that you may have likely made a lot of contributions in this manner. But sometimes what I think people need to know is if they have a complaint, or are upset about something, whether a solution is available or not, it might not be just them. There are other people that have expressed dissatisfaction with Paypal's customer service. People should understand that, and why. 

When I was upset with customer service, I found it comforting to come onto this forum, and see that I am not the only person. That it is not just me, and that there have been other people with complaints, some of which seem valid to me.

And as far as solutions go, which would seem to be your focus, what I would suggest for people other people that might read this, that are unhappy with Paypal, but have not lost their account yet, is to recognize a few things. One is that Paypal can run their company as poorly as they want to. It doesn't mean that they should, but it does mean they can. Two, I think perhaps the best way to use Paypal is to do so in such a way that is not dependent upon customer service. For me, that means don't use Paypal for buyer protection because if something goes wrong, I would have to contact customer service, and based on past experience, they may not handle the claim properly. Instead, use credit cards for cashback and buyer protection instead of Paypal's debit card. So I think there are some solutions here for people with similar problems, even if being able to get back a lost account back isn't one of them.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mystery8764 

Whatever, I would rather spend my time, and do, resolving folks problems and not playing the agony aunt.

But if you prefer that role thats fine, I will continue answering as many posts as I can and putting ok on others so that myself and other volunteers don't repeatedly read posts when an answer is not required.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.