ACI collection letter

Mj_1982
New Community Member
Received a letter today from ACI, LLC. Saying I owe $94.03. This definitely looks like fraud. Yes there is a legitimate company out there called ACI. But when I google them the addresses and phone numbers don’t match what is on the paper. Be careful and verify if you owe anything with PayPal before doing anything
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tchr21
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a notice in the mail from ACI indicating I had a $1011 PayPal debt. I called ACI today and got pretty irritate with them. I’ve NEVER had an open account with PayPal. NEVER! The user ID of this fraudster was supposedly <removed>. But of course no domain was listed. Obviously that’s not my ID. Never received one call or notice from PayPal prior to getting this collections letter. SHAME on PayPal for not having better oversight on this. I also question ACI’s ethics. I only used PayPal once a month to pay a vendor, but never had an open account with credit. ACI said it was escalated to the Fraud Dept where it can take up to 30 days to resolve. Can anyone speak to their process and how long it took to resolve. I’m reporting this and filing a claim with the FTC.

Login to Me Too

kram160
Contributor
Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me! In my case, I filed a complaint with the Colorado State Attorney General's office. They did absolutely nothing except contact ACI who, in turn, informed me that they had ceased all collection activity and had turned the case back over to PayPal. PayPal supposedly sent me a letter about all of this, but I never received it. I found out about said letter only because it was attached to the email I received from the State Attorney General. I was advised to contact PayPal, which I did on October 28. I was told by the representative that she closed the fraudulent account. I was given a case number, and told that someone would be responding in about 10 days. It's 22 days later, and I've been on the phone with PayPal (as I write this) for more than an hour. I had to call five (5) times just to get someone on the phone who spoke English in a way that I could understand what was being said. I was transferred twice to the wrong department. They have no record of the case number; in fact, they have no record of anything associated with the conversation I had a month ago. I am first now being transferred to a manager, despite requesting this repeatedly. Well, guess what -- no manager is picking up the call! The next step is to contact the FTC.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.