A somewhat convincing scam Email floating around..

WilliamFS
New Community Member

WilliamFS_0-1625093780642.png

I just wanted to share this scam email I got, I originally looked at it on my phone and almost fell for it because I didn't see the other emails, or the clearly fake paypal email clearly enough at the time. It wasn't until I got onto my computer and logged onto my actual paypal through my bookmark that I realized the differences. The button sends you to a convincing log in screen that looks exactly like the real paypal log in, thankfully I realized the differences before I attempted a log in. I just wanted to throw this out there before someone fell for it, or at least got as close as I did after seeing it on my phone.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @WilliamFS  , I understand that you have received an email regarding which is a scam.
Please make sure not to enter any information nor click on any link inside that email. We will appreciate it, if you report bug could forward those spam emails to <removed>. Also, do not change the subject line and delete it from your inbox once your are done. Here is what we do with the emails that you send us:
* We continuously work to disable fake emails and websites.
* We manually review all submissions sent to this <removed>
* We also work with law enforcement around the world to stop online criminals. Hope this is helpful.
Thank you
Regards,
Swam
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @WilliamFS, @Swam

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for reporting that email! It looks like those links provided in the previous message do not link to an actual Help Center article, my apologies there. Here's the Help Center article you may find useful: How do I spot and report a fake PayPal email or website?

I hope that helps and have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.