A Bit Worried, Goods & Services, Buyer Protection???

MGB666
Contributor
Contributor

I have been talking with a seller in Facebook Messenger we agreed on PayPal as payment method but he doesnt want to send an invoice for the item, he wants me to pay for it using PayPal “goods and services” (not friends and family) My question is:

WILL I BE COVERED WITH EBAY BUYER PROTECTION AND WILL I GET A REFUND IF THE ITEM SOMEHOW DOESNT ARRIVE OR GETS “LOST IN THE MAIL” ???

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MGB666 

Well if you are not using Ebay checkout but paying directly via your paypal account then no you won't have Ebay buyer protection as the transaction won't have anything to link it to Ebay. 

If he doesn't want to send you an invoice then personally I would run a mile.

Sending an invoice means the seller can fully described the item that you are paying for which you can use in the event of an item received but not as described dispute.

HOWEVER if you use goods/services then although you can put what you are hoping the seller is selling it may not be enough to win a SNAD dispute and I suspect that is what he is hoping. You would have Paypal buyer protection but that protection is not a 100% coverall as I have already demonstrated.

Any seller wanting to bypass paying Ebay their fees and not even sending you an invoice or money request is NOT someone I would personally risk sending funds to. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.