..... $98:00 Tool box advertisement on Facebook .................

Neilin0rlando
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had a problem getting a $98:00 tool box that was advertised on Facebook... STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A SCAM ....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@weston_guidry 

@Neilin0rlando 

One of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

weston_guidry
New Community Member
Yes! Have you heard anything?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@weston_guidry 

@Neilin0rlando 

One of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Murphy1887
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me too....literally. i found out about the scam right after i purchased it. Hopefully i can wait just 7 days until i open a case with paypal
Login to Me Too

nette1123
Contributor
Contributor
I've reported it to PayPal and have sent them as much information about the place as I could all though it seems like the add and site just disappeared right after placing the order. I hope we can get out Monday back and I know I have learned a lesson don't order anything from Facebook adds..Good luck on getting your money back they hit me for $113. + change
Login to Me Too

Rosario1976
I have the same problem, I tried to check my order and I seen the website have been disappeared. I will wait a few days, and i after I will complain to PayPal
Login to Me Too

Bryanknapp
Contributor
Contributor
I feel for you guy me too twice one said Lowe's and the other was harbor freight I should have knew better I got stung on that $79 generator a while back thank God for PayPal I live in a small town far away feel it's easier for me to buy online but not no more irritation anyway hope you got your money back
Login to Me Too

Bikehauler
Contributor
Contributor
I did the same. Showed delivered called ISO’s they gave me tge address where it was delivered and it was a small 6in box to another person. Called PayPal and they are refunding my money. These are guaranteed by PayPal thankfully. They were very helpful to file as well.
Login to Me Too

Neilin0rlando
Contributor
Contributor

they tries say they sent me a tracking # ... i went to the post office and found a very helpful guy who researched the tracing # it it listed on thtat tracking # was less and 2 ounces medical prescription pills...and was sent to an address 10 miles away ... this is a real scam even the guy at the post office said that ...he did some additional research and it was told me where the tracking number was generated from a medical company  makes me wonder how they got that tracking number .... the guy at the post office was very helpful..... it not a 60# tool box they were shipping .

Login to Me Too

Azhiaziz13
New Community Member
Had the same exact thing happen but they started with a different tracking number said it was shipped and dropped in the same city name but in NY instead of CA and when Im looking closer it was a completely different tracking number than the original...anyway fought it forever and the whole time PayPal saying that the customer sent it and it was delivered and that's that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.