180 days hold

MunyokiKim
Contributor
Contributor

I have 3 transactions whose funds are on hold after permanent limitation. These were already fulfilled from my end and tracking info was already provided for each transaction.

From my website's refund, shipping & return policy "We ONLY accept returns and refund of UNOPENED physical products within 30-days of official carrier delivery confirmation". 2 months have passed since item delivery and these are no longer eligible for a refund or return. Again no dispute has been filed thus far by any of the customers showing that the products were satisfactory of what was purchased.

As such, I see no reason as to why Paypal should continue holding my funds considering the purpose of the hold is to allow the customers to file a dispute and ask for a refund.

Kindly advice.

With thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MunyokiKim 

Since your PayPal account was permanently limited, the procedure is that you must wait the 180 days before you can withdrawal. PayPal will email you when it is ok to do so. Even with your return policy, PayPal buyer protection policy allows the buyer to file a dispute within 180 days should buyer choose to do so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MunyokiKim 

Since your PayPal account was permanently limited, the procedure is that you must wait the 180 days before you can withdrawal. PayPal will email you when it is ok to do so. Even with your return policy, PayPal buyer protection policy allows the buyer to file a dispute within 180 days should buyer choose to do so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MunyokiKim
Contributor
Contributor

Would it be advisable to just refund the funds and receive them elsewhere? From what I have learnt PayPal doesn't allow one to withdraw the funds instead they just send the balance to themselves. How true is this and when and why does this happen?

Login to Me Too

sashimeee
Contributor
Contributor
It's true. PayPal took my dad's balance after 180 days and didn't allow him to withdraw it.
Login to Me Too

sashimeee
Contributor
Contributor
When you really need money but you have to wait 180 days lol. Buyers will take advantage to it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sashimeee 

Nothing to do with buyers, the 180 days only happens when folks are banned from using paypal and their accounts permanently limited so they will have no buyers !! 

Paypal holds funds for 180 days if a seller is BANNED in case a buyer opens and wins a dispute/claim when paypal can then refund them without any hassle.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sashimeee
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I mean. Their recent buyers before their PayPal got banned. If the buyer is the one that scam and took advantage to it, Paypal will refund without seller's explanation even puting permanently limitation on seller's account without any significant reasons or warning. Paypal is just one sided.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sashimeee 

The buyer would have to win the dispute/claim first before any refund was made.

No different than if the seller was not banned. The only difference is that if the buyer wins a dispute/claim and the seller refuses to refund then paypal have the funds available to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sashimeee
Contributor
Contributor
It's still an unfair for the seller who accused of being a scammer by Paypal especially if no buyer has disputed the refund and he still needs to get the money after 180 days. 1 week is enough to prove that the sellers income is not from a scam if no one has reported. 180 days doesn't make any sense. That's f 6 months to wait.
Login to Me Too

sashimeee
Contributor
Contributor
Why in my dad's account, he waited 180 days to withdraw his balance, but after 180 days PayPal took his entire balance in May 2022 and there was nothing left.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.