180 days hold!!

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal!! I need to get my money because I need it for my enrollment yet you hold my funds! Whats wrong with you! <removed> ! I dont know what to do now! I did ot do anything, i did not do anything wrong!!! PLEASE HAVE MERCY PAYPAL! I NEED MONEY ASAP. OUR CLASS IS ALREADY NEXT MONTH!!!!

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sig380 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  Sig 380's account is a personal account (@sig380 correct me if i am wrong). So what chargebacks does he have to wait for. I have seen PayPal limit personal accounts and transactions for 180 days. 

I am not sure why people here listen to you when they don't have a purely technical problem. You are working full time for PayPal here.

Login to Me Too

sig380
Contributor
Contributor

IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND PAYPAL HAS NOT GIVEN BE BACK MY MONEY. I HAVE FILED A CLAIM WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. A THIS POINT I'M GOING TO GET OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED AND IT WILL COST THEM WAY MORE IN THE WAY THEY DO THERE BUSINESS PRACTISES.

Login to Me Too

Dream2020
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is holding $53,000 of MY money. They stated they will hold it for 6 months without and refuse to give a reason.  My online business has been with Paypal for 18 years selling the same products.  I sell pillowcases and sleep masks and am located in California.  The response about Paypal holding money because they are waiting for buyer disputes for 180 days is pathalogical nonsense. My business is in excellent standing has never had a dispute in 18 years so it's not going to happen now. It's a poor excuse to hold mine and your money hostage.  Write to BBB, FDIC and hire an attorney.   It is dangerous to keep YOUR HARD EARNED money in your PayPal account.  Transfer it to your bank. PayPals legal department is highly unethical, lacks empathy for small business owners, has unreasonable policies and is NOT FDIC insured.

Login to Me Too

walkalone
Contributor
Contributor

mine has been held for more than 180 days and i still cant withdraw it

Login to Me Too

CHY4
Any one got a solution to this bull **bleep**
Login to Me Too

jason-p1

The thieves at PayPal will not help at ALL. File a complaint with the BBB, file another with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and take the **bleep** to small claims court. If the amount in your account is above $10,000 then you will need to sue for each transaction instead of the full amount as there is a limit of $10,000 in small claims court.... sorry but this assumes you are located in the USA

Login to Me Too

annettyg
Contributor
Contributor
i have the same **bleep**ing problem and when i call pay pal the told me the same **bleep** like you have to wait like bro i need my **bleep**ing money
Login to Me Too

imgoodwithme

All contracts and agreements aside, there is absolutely no frame of logical reasoning, for seizing someone’s assets for 180 days. I mean, seriously…who does PayPal think they are? The INSANITY of what they have done, at the moment in time, that they have chosen to do it, seriously needs to be on blast. My boyfriend is currently incarcerated. Lots of people get arrested. You can get arrested for anything. PayPal chose this moment in time, to seize all of his assets after he was locked up. And there explanation lacks all logic and reason. Leaving me with nothing but spiritual perspective. PayPal needs to check itself in the mirror. Why 180? Why not 1000? Nah keep going. Really really cripple me. Cause at this point, I wanna die. After an unimaginable month of roadblocks and emotional pain an anguish, I finally get my man’s wallet back from jail. Only to have PayPal tell me I can go **bleep** myself. Just kill me. Cause I can’t do this anymore. Like, seriously…this is borderline evil. We have rent. Bills. We need to eat. Who the hell does that? I have nothing and nowhere to turn because PayPal feels like I need to suffer. PayPal needs to get right with itself. When you remove all logic and reason, you’re left with nothing but spiritual perspective. Did it ever occur to PayPal that people have children? Like the INSANITY of what they have done is EVIL. PayPal is EVIL! Facts. I wanna die rn. My man is gone. You’ve taken all our money. I have no power over anything. What would you do PayPal? Huh? **bleep** would you do if someone did this to you? I’ve never felt so abandoned and lost without hope. I’m literally forced to sit here in this maddening sadness. That is what you wanted right? Cause what else would be the point in seizing someone’s money like that? Clear assumption says, SUFFER. YOU WANT ME TO SUFFER. Congrats you win. I hate myself and my life. Who the **bleep** does that? We didn’t do anything wrong. You’re evil. And at the end of the day, I know who I am. I trust my experience. I’m good with me. Get right with yourself PayPal. Karma is very real and at the end of the day, I would rather be me, every single time. I would rather be me, than be you. Ask yourself one question. Who are you? Why are you here?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imgoodwithme 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes. So if that happens then Paypal have the funds available to refund the buyer, that's why its 180 days. 

If no disputes are opened in that time frame then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.