180 days hold!!

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal!! I need to get my money because I need it for my enrollment yet you hold my funds! Whats wrong with you! <removed> ! I dont know what to do now! I did ot do anything, i did not do anything wrong!!! PLEASE HAVE MERCY PAYPAL! I NEED MONEY ASAP. OUR CLASS IS ALREADY NEXT MONTH!!!!

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

I had the same thing happen to me I am no seller and there is no reason that a dispute would come up. they are holding 6500$ of my money in the middle of a global pandemic. They are gonna have a class action lawsuit if they keep this up.

Login to Me Too

Jhennyzy
Contributor
Contributor
Clearly you are clueless about how paypal operates. YES! Yes they can and have ban people’s accounts for no reason holding their funds which should be illegal! And why DF do they need further verifications after 180days if no dispute have been opened on your account? Does it make sense to you? The account has been closed, no one has come to claim the money after 180days so DF do they want to verify? It’s my money! You’re talking **bleep** because you think PayPal cares about you, just wait until it happens to your account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jhennyzy 

It won't because I read and accepted their user agreement which I have not broken OR violated their acceptable use policy.

Why would they ban you for no reason? They are trying to encourage folks to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.

I have gone through several times with folks who say they had been banned for no reason and always found the reason ...sometimes it was they were using a VPN / under 18 / using the friends or family option to send or receive payments for sales / using paypal in a country where they don't live etc etc.

There is always a reason.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TechnicsAU
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding substancial funds of me and one family member,not at this address, our names are simmular!

wow!  so are my daughters and wife. NOT a reason to block me or the other person without ANY explanation

so far i only have heard B>S> from Praypal

Login to Me Too

TechnicsAU
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal wants proof of ...  I am still waiting on any proof that I have done something wrong and what, all I have got I sold something adult, NEVER sold anything yet ,so how and what, ps I am 68 years old, so no underage stuff there either.

very tired of this theft ,there is a direct payment function in ebay and i have used it now for 3 months, very fast effective and even got one refund,within minutes.  so if you looking for a better platform check there.

Login to Me Too

Desb23
Contributor
Contributor
How long did it take ? Did they send you a email or what cause I’m going crazy it’s been 7-8 months
Login to Me Too

Alexgalk
Did you need a lawyer? I did not fraud them in anyway and they now have all my money. Out of nowhere. Idk what to do. Plus now that I sent them my passport and social security number, should I contact those administrations to let them know ????? Cause these people are clearly robbing more than just money. I live in New Jersey. Please help me know what you did to get your funds back.
Login to Me Too

Cindy833
Contributor
Contributor
I rarely use my PayPal Account and little to my acknowledgement that it had been closed permanently since December and obviously didn’t have know it was closed otherwise I wouldn’t have had my Tax Return Refund sent to it and to find out after disputing with a customer service Rep on why I couldn’t transfer my funds or pay bills threw my card as I Desperately Really had been relying on this money almost a whole year now I’m told that I have to wait 180 more days yet when I login to PayPal there’s nothing that showed differently as when I logged in at anytime letting me know that my account had been closed because I was even redirected on how to receive my tax refund without having any trouble fast and easy as it said but nothing has been as it quoted to be fast and easy.NOW IM DESPERATELY NEEDING MY MONEY TO PAY MY CAR OFF WHICH IS NOW UP FOR REPO !! But yet PayPal had no issues on telling me to put my money there but now is turning there backs as if I’m asking for free money when it’s Clearly my money because PayPal is a prepay service not and NOT A BANK as they seem to quote allot so why such a long hold its really unfair that they first closed my account as the rep told me was for insufficient funds from a merchant so as if I had acknowledgement of the merchants doing so and that would be a reason to get my account closed it’s ridiculous they think they have a right to Hold YOUR money as they do and are Doing from you it’s freaking A PREPAY SERVICE!! I could see if they acted as a bank and loan you some money but again it’s a PREPAY SERVICE and the funds are coming directly from the IRS in my case how would that be fraudulent?Or why would PayPal accept From the IRS my Direct Deposit knowing that they Closed my account and to just give me a Slap on the face by making me wait an additional 180 days !! Have Mercy on ME AND HELP ME RESOLVE THIS MATTER BEFORE MY VEHICLE GETS REPOSSESSED.
Login to Me Too

Neeraj123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal team my PayPal account goes to hold without any reason. I am from india.

Please help me how i can my PayPal account services or remove limitations. Help us

Login to Me Too

sig380
Contributor
Contributor

THATS FINE, WHAT ABOUT MY FUNDS. I WANT MY MONEY. I'M VERY UPSET ABOUT THE WAY I WAS TREATED. I AM FINE WITH YOU FREEZING MY ACCOUNT AFTER 20 YEARS. I'M FINE WITH YOU NOT LISTENING TO MY REASONS FOR WHY IT HAPPENED. I'M NOT FINE WITH YOU STEALING MY MONEY AND NOT GIVING IT BACK TOI ME. GIVE ME MY FUNDS. THEY ARE NOT YOURS. IT IS TIME ACCORDING TO YOUR RULES. TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO. CALL M[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.