180 days hold!!

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal!! I need to get my money because I need it for my enrollment yet you hold my funds! Whats wrong with you! <removed> ! I dont know what to do now! I did ot do anything, i did not do anything wrong!!! PLEASE HAVE MERCY PAYPAL! I NEED MONEY ASAP. OUR CLASS IS ALREADY NEXT MONTH!!!!

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

aaaareg
Contributor
Contributor
Did u get ur money i have same problem.... Their not responding..same respond every email i sent...
Login to Me Too

lvilme
Contributor
Contributor

Send a complaint to the BBB, FTC and your state office of Attorney General. Send emails to the <removed> and <removed>

Login to Me Too

lvilme
Contributor
Contributor
I did get my money btw
Login to Me Too

Did they actually use the whole 180 days? I'm having the same issue. I'm permanently limited because of suspicious activity simply because family that lives in a different country sent me money recently for myself and my children.
Login to Me Too

180days
New Community Member

same problem. Sadly there is no payment system works well like Paypal. 

Luckily, I moved to payoneer for almost all of my money. Now Paypal is just a gate I use to buy stuff, not the main way to receive the fund.

Today they blocked my personal account for no reason. After I sent my proof of address they immediately blocked it. LOL.

Login to Me Too

Alexgalk
I am appalled at why you are laughing that they closed your account after your provided them your personal info? I did the same thing and I am furious. I wish all the worst for this company. I hope they suffer the way they are making me suffer.
Login to Me Too

Chicbeautyk
Contributor
Contributor
@lvilme How did you get your money back? Going through the same thing now, permanently limiting my account for no reason and holding my funds...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chicbeautyk 

Paypal does not ban you for no reason, what would be the point?

They want us to open and use paypal accounts as that is how they make money.

Freezing funds for 180 days is not going to get them as much money in fees as you using your account is it.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chicbeautyk
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I am not a seller. It was for no reason because all I've ever done with my account is make purchases online with MY MONEY. I recieved my Tax Return to my PayPal account then I get an email stating they are no longer doing business with me and holding my funds for 180 days.
Login to Me Too

Cindy833
Contributor
Contributor
I put a complaint with the BBB if that’s any Help for you and Hopefully my Issue can get Resolved Soon but I will No longer do Business with PayPal or Have or Will Recommend this Prepay service to anyone I know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.