180 day limitation and bank transfer

Ytl094
Contributor
Contributor
So I had $600 sent to me as F&F from a friend but during that time I had a dispute case with someone else in which I fully refunded the payment back to him. After the case was close PayPal took my $600 and I caught on so I message them about it and they responded saying they are sorry about taking the $600 and that they should of never did because they had no reason to. They said they will refund it back to me with in 72 hours but it took about almost 2 weeks until they refunded it back to me. But when they did refund it back they decided to set a 180 day limitation on my account then refunded it the day after the limitation. So now I can’t access my money nor can I transfer it out. I’ve contacted them about it but every time I mention this part to them they will ignore my question and not answer it. How can I get my money out because they clearly didn’t even give me a chance to transfer it out. Does it sound fair? Please help I need it for urgent matter and they don’t seem to care at all. Does it seem fair they that “accidentally” took it then decided to refund it the day after the limitation?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @Ytl094

Welcome to the PayPal Community Board. I understand you are contacting about some funds being held. I know this is a frustrating situation. When PayPal restricts an account, funds may be held for up to 180 days to minimize any potential risk. After 180 days, you’ll be notified of your ability to withdraw the balance. If you have any issues then, please let us know. I regret that we’re unable to provide the answer you’re looking for in this situation. 

Thank you, 

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Ytl094
Contributor
Contributor
But my funds would of never been held for 180 days if PayPal didn’t “accidentally” take it for no reason. I would of been able to transfer it out to my bank if they never took it to begin with. Plus they said they will refund it with in 72 hours but it took them nearly two weeks. And when they did finally decided to refund it back they purposely did it the day after they set the limitation so how is that even fair?! They basically took my money just so they can purposely hold it for 180 days for no reason. Even if it’s to protect my account from going negative. Which it shouldn’t matter since I have no open cases plus I won’t be able to use PayPal anymore anyways so they shouldn’t even be a reason for them to hold my money for 180 days!
Login to Me Too

Ytl094
Contributor
Contributor
But my funds would of never been held for 180 days if PayPal didn’t “accidentally” take it for no reason. I would of been able to transfer it out to my bank if they never took it to begin with. Plus they said they will refund it with in 72 hours but it took them nearly two weeks. And when they did finally decided to refund it back they purposely did it the day after they set the limitation so how is that even fair?! They basically took my money just so they can purposely hold it for 180 days for no reason. Even if it’s to protect my account from going negative. Which it shouldn’t matter since I have no open cases plus I won’t be able to use PayPal anymore anyways so they shouldn’t even be a reason for them to hold my money for 180 days!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.