180 DAYS FUNDS HELD

Yurike_Y
Contributor
Contributor

Hi last week I received notifications saying that there are account limitations. I uploaded everything that was requested and now it says 'you can no longer use Paypal' without a clear reason.

My funds are told to be held for 180 days, did anyone had this before, and was the money returned after 180 days? Is there anything I can do to lift the ban sooner?

I tried the facebook chat thing and there are only automated messages, and I can't get hold to any person (says due to covid). I live outside of US so it is really hard for me to get any help. Can I get some help over here please, preferably a representative? Thank you

Any kind of help is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yurike_Y 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DanielFranklin1
Contributor
Contributor
Im having the same problem, im trying to find a attorney who lives in the cities where PayPal has corporate offices to see if they will go in and expedite getting my money sent to me. Does anyone else i could try?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yurike_Y 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yurike_Y
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for your reply. I will wait further for 180 days, and hopefully I can get into contacting an agent and hope everything will be solved nicely. Have a nice day.

Login to Me Too

fgloss11

This is a lame response

Login to Me Too

shesacupoftea
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to just issue the fund back to sender even if it's lesser than what's originally sent so he could just sent me back money maybe through bank to bank transaction? Because that money he sent to me should be used in our personal investment and also for my school fees and now I am not allowed to withdraw it and I don't know why because I do not sell anything nor that someone sent money to buy something in me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shesacupoftea 

If there account is permanently limited then they can't use it let alone issue any refunds, a buyer would have to open a dispute to get money back from a permanently limited account !

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.