Withdrawing money from a permanently limited account

P29
Hello, I am from Kenya my account is permanently limited, I have some cash inside, how do I go about withdrawing the money?
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@P29 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

However in Kenya the normal withdrawal options available to you of MPESA or Equity Bank are not available after a permanent limitation. The only option still available when Paypal tell you that you can withdraw your funds is via a U.S bank account if you have one.
If you don't then you would need to contact customer services to help you access the funds from your permanently limited account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ErickE2
Contributor
Contributor

I am a holder of paypal account in Kenya. My account has been limited for 180 days. I did receive an email I can now withdraw funds from the said account. I have not been able to make any withdrawal from this account. At the same time someone, kindly advise me on what i need to do to have limitations dealt on my accounts. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ErickE2 

If you have a permanent limitation then nothing you can do about it as paypal are no longer offering you the services on their site, you have been permanently banned unfortunately.

However in Kenya the normal withdrawal options available to you of MPESA or Equity Bank are not available after a permanent limitation. The only option still available when Paypal tell you that you can withdraw your funds is via a U.S bank account if you have one.
If you don't then you would need to contact customer services to help you access the funds from your permanently limited account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ErickE2
Contributor
Contributor
I did get 1st reply on this thread that I followed and was not successful, however I dug further on the way to deal with this problem. I landed at You tube university and followed a complaint launch process through Better Business Neural (BBB.ORG). I filed a complaint against Paypal and the complaint was forwarded to Paypal and given a ticket on Bbb.org. I am currently awaiting reply from Paypal as they were given a few days to respond to my complain. I am not expecting response from their customer service channels but from an executive. I will keep you posted. Note. BBB.ORG is an organization where you can post complains against American companies.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ErickE2 

The BBB is NOT a government agency, it is a nonprofit organization with no judicial or enforcement power. 

Its just a negotiation tool and unlikely to overturn paypals legal decision to ban your paypal account.

Complaints are not handled by executives but the customer complaint department more than likely.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hanny-Musiq
Contributor
Contributor
I can not withdraw money given the limitation that was placed on my account.I have been waiting for 180 days to be over and it's over but still can't access my money..Why?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hanny-Musiq 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Or
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Purity902
Contributor
Contributor
I can't withdrawal money from Pay account to MPESA why am getting this error Oops your transaction couldn't proceed I want to withdrawal funds because it's my school fees
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.