Unauthorized payment from another country - no email notification

bruce112
New Community Member

There's an unauthorized transaction of €419.75 made by my account which I'm 100% I did not make. The vendor is a construction supply in Portugal, the address of the purchase is to my default US address. I reported this unauthorized payment to PayPal and they promptly denied my claim saying the transaction was legitimate. I received no email notification at the time of the transaction, I only noticed it almost 20 days later. As far as I can remember I do receive email notification on all PayPal transactions. I also tried calling but I was greeted with (non-verbatim) "This issue cannot be resolved via phone call". What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jackie

Hello bruce112, 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community. I am sorry to hear that your claim was denied. You may reach out to our Customer Service via chat at the bottom of any PayPal page by clicking “Help & Contact” to discuss your appeal options. Be sure to follow the prompts that best describe your inquiry to be sure you get to the correct team for assistance. You can also chat with us on Facebook or Twitter. 

Thank you for your time and I hope that you have a good day.

-Jackie
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving it a kudos.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.