Unauthorized payment 10 years ago. Paypal continue to ignore the issue.

jamesbcn
Contributor
Contributor

Around 10 years ago I had an unauthorized payment of 50-60 GBP made from my account.

When I reported this to Paypal support they responded by freezing my account and requesting a gas or electricity bill in my name from my address.

I explained that this was not possible as the address was in my parent's name. I asked that I send a bill from my new address instead.

Paypal essentially ignored me at this point and, despite repeated attempts, I never heard anything again.

Their service was effectively stopped for me despite being the victim of fraud.

I am now a programmer looking to use the PayPal API for a website that I am building. I therefore logged back into my account and found that all historical transactions no longer exist. I therefore cannot use the Resolution Center to attempt again to resolve the issue.

I used the messaging service yesterday and yet, almost 24 hours later, still have yet to receive a response.

I am now based in Spain and so calling will be very costly (and with what hope of a resolution?)

What do I do!?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesbcn 

If you have moved countries then open a new paypal account with all the correct information but a different email address?

Make sure you have all the i.d documentation in case it is required.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamesbcn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response but, like I said, I am a victim of fraud and Paypal have yet to do anything about. Why would I open another account? That is not a solution to being defrauded out of money.

I am looking for a resolution before I continue doing any further business with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesbcn 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.