The item I sold got damaged on transit

Temp20220728D
New Community Member

Hello everyone, I have an Etsy shop and a customer found one of my listings to his liking, but wanted it bigger ("as big as you can make it"). So I proceed to give him a budget, he agreed on the budget, I produced the items. On July 15 I sent him the package. On the 25 I receive a message from the buyer saying that the items arrived damaged (he endorsed a pic with one of the items I sent in which you can see that it is indeed damaged). So now this guy says that he wants a refund and so on. I told him that I can only open an investigation on my postal service starting on the 30. Idk, this person comes across to me as really shady. I thoroughly prepared the packaging, using air bubbles and foam peanuts. I also asked him to send me pics of the box and the items, so far he hasn't send me anything. He sent me a message telling me that the box (and all the protection I used inside) is already gone. He also sent me a message saying that my packaging was faulty.

So, while I wait to open an investigation on my end, what are the things that I need to know or have to do here? Thank you very much. I would be really sorry to lose my Paypal account because of this guy tbh. Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @iago_pp,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern with this. Based on what you have explained, it sounds like the buyer has not yet opened a dispute against you. I would suggest you continue to communicate with them, and try to resolve this without needed intervention. 

If the buyer does open a PayPal dispute, you would be required to respond through the 'Resolution Center' within the provided timeframe. If you have any pictures of the item before it was sent, please make sure to keep these as evidence. 

If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer support. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.