Sent to wrong address
So I would like everyone’s opinion on an issue that I recently had. I strongly believe that PayPal got their decision wrong. I ordered something via eBay which was sent by the seller with tracking. And Australia Post updated my tracking with “ left in a safe spot” so when I got home and couldn’t find it, I requested a photo which they gave me showing the package had been delivered to the wrong address. I did the right thing and contacted Australia Post and after a few days they basically admitted yes they got it wrong. So I contacted the seller who basically washed his hands of it, so I had no choice but to open up a dispute with PayPal. I gave PayPal a screenshot of the photo Australia Post sent me as well as a screenshot of the communication between myself and Australia Post and also included a photo of my actual mailbox. I must say I was gobsmacked when PayPal actually sided with the seller. So now I have no product no money and no other recourse.
Sorry but equally why should the seller be out item and money when they did everything correct and tracking showed the item as delivered to you?
Your angst should be with the company that delivered the item to the incorrect address, Australia post should compensate you for their mistake.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Can someone hack your account from just your username? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Connecticut in Security and Fraud Archives
- I think I might have been scammed. Next course of action? in Security and Fraud Archives
- All funds held and never released. in Transactions Archives
- 2fa sms, without authenticator app, using Having trouble logging in? in Products & Services Archives