Seller rights? Buyer wants refund. PLEASE help

Micheala269
New Community Member
Hello, I revolt sold some boots via Facebook. Added in a description that the boots were slightly different colours and included photos that clearly showed the difference. The buyer now wants to return and have a refund because the “colour difference is too much for her” I feel this is quite unfair. I uploaded a photo; what more can I have done? But I don’t where I stand with PayPal, my friend has said there’s no point saying no to her because PayPal with just refund? Is this true? Can anyone give me some advice or help please? It’s the first time I’ve really sold anything that requires postage and tend to just stick to local pick up and now I feel gutted
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Micheala269 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers. Paypal never sees the actual item so they have to make a judgement call.

So provide as much information as you can before the buyer escalates the dispute to a claim and keep an eye on the claim in case paypal requests more information from you.

If and only if the buyer wins then normally they have to return the item back to you before being refunded.

They have to send back at their own expense trackable to prove delivery (but may be able to claim back some or all of those costs if they have activated the return shipping option in their paypal account).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.