Report fraudulent activity
Hi! I had a separate account (not related to PayPal) hacked and they linked their PayPal account to it and sent themselves money from that account. Before I removed their PayPal, I made note of the email address: [removed]. I reported the fraudulent activity on the other site and hope they make it right, but am trying to figure out how to inform PayPal that this email address is receiving fraudulent payments into their account. I couldn’t figure out a way to report a PayPal account other than my own as having an issue. Any ideas?
Fraud & Phishing
Thanks for joining the PayPal Community!
I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity on one of your accounts. I'm glad to hear you were able to obtain their email address before removing the linked PayPal account. You find where to report the activity on our Help Center here: What is PayPal’s Acceptable Use Policy and where can I find it?
I hope this information helps!
If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum!
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- How can I report an account that took money from me in Security and Fraud Archives
- Someone hacked into my account, made unauthorized transactions and closed my account in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent payment to "Steve Armory" in Security and Fraud Archives
- Recieving Texts&Calls of One Time Codes when I wasn't logging in in Security and Fraud Archives
- PayPal charged my account for a Steam on-line Gift Card download information that didn't work. in Security and Fraud Archives