Refund on dispute

stevens2022
Contributor
Contributor

Merchant will not refund because of an open dispute. Dispute is there because refund is not. PP tells me something different every time I call and I'm either hung up on or transferred to someone else who can't help or tells me I need to call someone else. How can I get this resolved? I've made NUMEROUS calls to merchant and PP and months later still nothing resolved. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sparkleplentys
Contributor
Contributor

I talked to a PP rep last night and was told an investigation will be made (again) and they will make their decision. Within 6 hours they denied, how can that happen? I have proof the programmer owes me money back because of not finishing project and I had to hire another one. Why are they able to keep payment ? Talked many time to PP and no results just run around talk and not the truth. What's wrong with PP, how can you trust them with all of this going on? I WAS going to start selling with them but the way this was handled I don't know if I can trust them.  

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @stevens2022

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with a case and our phone team. Here's how to check the status of a dispute or claim. For this situation it would be best to reach back out to our Customer Support team again. To contact Customer Service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. I hope this helps. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

stevens2022
Contributor
Contributor

PayPalMichelleW, I have been calling paypal for months, and it's always the same thing.   To give you a few examples, I called paypal was transferred to someone in the dispute dept. they told me I needed to speak with someone in paypal credit who then told me I needed to call Synchrony Bank.  I called Synchrony Bank they told me to call paypal, do you know how many times I went back and forth making phone calls between the 3?? ALL DAY  And how did Synchrony Bank become a party to this, I have no relationship with them and until this matter I've never dealt with them before.  Another day I called and was told it would be taken care of in 24-48 hours, 2 days later when it had not been taken care of I called back, I was told the exact same thing, 24-48 hours.  2+ weeks later and it's still not taken care of!!!  This has been the absolute WORST experience I have ever encountered.  Now the merchant called me and said they spoke with someone at paypal and THEY were told the money has already been refunded to me so that is why they cannot issue me a credit! I'm just wondering how can I have a refund from paypal when it clearly is under dispute? And why can't anyone tell me what is going on? Last week when I called , I was told just keep checking your paypal account.  I'm tired of calling and getting absolutely NOWHERE. This has been going on since December, it's March......

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @sparkleplentys,

It sounds like you've had a negative experience with our Customer Support and we're sorry to hear that. We would like to see if we have any options to help. Please reach out to us by Facebook or Twitter and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

sparkleplentys
Contributor
Contributor

In my world when you pay someone for their services you expect it to be finished and ready to go. This was not the case. We had trouble with this person all through months of waiting for it to be finished. After paying him quite a bit of money and then had to "fire" him he goes back into platform to try to finished it which only led to more problems. I let my partner handle Paypal until it got very aggravating listing the reports I was getting. We had to hire a "new" person to clean up and work to finish our program and now I feel we need some of the money  back.  After many.many calls to Paypal and being told miss truths, hung up on and just plain rude people, I am very disappointed in the service of Paypal which I have used for many years. It would be nice if someone could help me with this problem. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.