Received two messages for paypal payments

Temp20220620j
New Community Member

I have received two messages that someone paid me with paypal but when I had to log in I was not comfortable to log into my bank account with all the the fraud that is happening and my second message was from standard bank with an amount so I am not sure what is happening is it a scam or is it real payments because I am waiting for payments from people but I have never received payment notifications like this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamC

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community!

I know how concerning it can be receiving unrecognised text messages/notifications about payments and financials in general. It's best to always be safe, rather than being sorry!

For this reason, I'd advise checking on our website for 'How to know if an email is from PayPal'. I will leave a secure link to the website Help Article here - https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/faq681, although I understand if you don't want to click on links. 

You'll know an email is from PayPal because:

• We always address you by your name or your business name as registered on your PayPal account. We'll never use generic greetings like "Dear user" or "Hello PayPal member" in our email.
  • We'll never ask you to reveal your financial information, your password, or the answer to your PayPal security questions.

If you receive Text Messages/emails/notifications about your bank account(s) or other financials, I would advise not clicking on any links or provide any financial/personal information. If you are ever unsure about a message or notification, please reach out to your financial institution directly. 

I hope this reply has helped you!

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.