Permanently limited but also unable to close account

JDRS
Contributor
Contributor

You'll laugh when you read this...

I went from being a gun shop - a fact of which PayPal was fully aware - to being a craft and modelling workshop. And they permanently restricted the account. After numerous hours of wasted time, customer support agents saying they'd do things that they didn't then do and a final encounter with a rather accusatory-sounding Irishman ("it's clear they want this account gone, due to high-risk behaviour!") I threw my hands up in despair and gave up.

Except, when I then went to close the account, I was told I couldn't. Something about a payment on the account. 

Erm... there is no payment on the account. All activity ceased the minute the fools in customer service falsely identified me as God-knows-what and arbitrarily booted me off PayPal.

I'm therefore stuck in PayPal purgatory, with no way of contacting them (because I'm limited), no way of closing the account (because of some phantom payment) and no way of finding out why the heck it was they "wanted it gone" in the first place (because they won't tell me).

I'd love to know what the answer is but suspect there isn't one because PayPal is seemingly run by a toxic mixture of robots and complete cretins.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JDRS 

If its a permanent limitation then unfortunately you would never be able to close it.

Paypal limits the account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jecsiaboc
Contributor
Contributor
Same my problem.but i dnt kniw how to get my balance on paypal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @Jecsiaboc!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community.

I'm sorry to hear your account has been permanently limited. Generally, if there is a balance, it is held for 180 days due to chargebacks or disputes your buyer/senders may file. After 180 days, we’ll contact you to let you know how to withdraw any money that remains in your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.