Paypal ignored my response to buyer

kjgdesign
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer awarded a refund due to apparent no response from me. I did respond to ALL corespondence with the buyer and in the end with an offer to resolve but Paypal went ahead and issues refund. The buyer did not request full insurance on the item from Aust to the USA and it was damaged in transit after being well packaged by local Australia Post staff. Buyer started complaint on reverb.com (where it was bought) but then abandoned it to complain on Paypal. I offered to refund half the cost and offered that he keep the item to later repair. Recently buyer has not responded to my request to send the item back. I feel badly jibbed!!! and feel Paypal has acted very unfairly in this dispute. Obviously my account has been frozen until I deposit the withdrawn Paypal amount of well over $500. Can I ask Paypal to reconsider the decision? and how?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kjgdesign 

Any insurance to get an item safely to the buyer is your responsibility.

If the buyer refused your offer of a part refund then they would have escalated the dispute to a claim.

Paypal may well have asked you for more information which you did not respond to OR they decided that as the item was damaged in the post then the buyer deserves a full refund without having to return the item.

Personally as a seller myself if I failed to insure an item and it was damaged I would issue a full refund and an apology.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kjgdesign
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your response,
As a brand new buyer I was not aware of this. Can you direct me to the page where Paypal clearly states that this should be the protocol?
and where does it clearly state the buyer does not need to return the item to me? They are ignoring any correspondence.
As previously stated I did repond to paypal's request for further corespondence.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kjgdesign 

Try reading paypals buyer and seller protection policies in paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.