Payment or Credit Card Authorization Form?

MemorableMoment
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal account has not been used in recent years because clients disputed and received refund after service was preformed.  

Payment of $600 were received 6/3 and has already been released. However expenses of over $550 will be incurred this week and cannot afford to lose funds like in the past.  Is there an authorization form or something for the client to sign to insure that they cannot dispute it later?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MemorableMoment 

Sorry, no. PayPal doesn’t provide sellers an authorization form or something for the client to sign to insure that they cannot dispute it later. You can’t block buyer from filing a dispute or chargeback outside of PayPal. Customers will see that as scammy especially after they have paid. You didn’t give them a chance to back out of the transaction. Payments via PayPal are not free and clear until after 180 days. 

If buyer has valid reason to dispute, you can work with customer within dispute to resolve problem including performing the service again if not received or fixing the problem with the service if not as described. But it is best to let the customers know in general that if they have a problem with the service to contact you first to resolve issues which might not include a refund as first option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MemorableMoment
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker  Wow!  Not sure if I want to make this trip, I will get the normal signatures that I usually do and hope for the best.  The money will just have to sit there til next year because I can't afford to pay it back later.  Thank you for the heads up on how this works.

Can't perform the service again.  Once they're married, that's it.  😉 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.