PayPal denied my case for item not received, no option to appeal

temp20220728c
New Community Member

- I purchased an item from eBay last week, they posted the parcel out the next day via Evri and it was received at my house 2 days after that.

- Evri left the parcel at my back door at around 12:30pm

- I returned from work at 5:20pm, grabbed the parcel and went inside to open it. 

- I started to open it but thought the package was very light (should have weighed around 1kg, it was less than half this), so I decided to start recording my opening process just in case (I have this recording)

- As I feared the parcel was empty, it had plenty of packaging material but the item 

- I contacted the seller and they were adamant they put the item in the parcel. They also said that they can contact the manufacturer to disable the item remotely - I asked them to do this as if they put the item in, it has clearly been stolen in transit - I also advised them to contact Evri / the police. I did not receive another reply regarding this. 

- I then went onto Paypal to open a dispute saying that I didn't receive the item. listing the above and sent them a link to view the uncut video of me opening the package with there being nothing inside

- Paypal replied yesterday with the following: "We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are refusing your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the seller confirming that the item was delivered."

I did not dispute that the package was delivered. I disputed that I received the item. It doesn't appear as though Paypal have viewed any of my evidence, they have just seen that I said I didn't receive the item and they have seen the proof of delivery from Evri. Without reading the actual issue. 

I've been onto the resolution centre but there is no option to appeal this. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220728c 

Firstly it would have been better to have opened an ebay dispute first for item received but not as described, the seller would then have been requested to provide a return shipping label for you to return what you received back to the seller.

If that failed then you had the option for a second dispute via Paypal but again you should have filed a dispute for item received but not as described ie empty parcel rather than non receipt which the seller would win with tracking.

Your best bet is contact customer services and explain what happened and ask them to change the dispute, if you still have to return then make sure you do so trackable to prove delivery of the empty envelope.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.