My account is permanently limited, what about the active claim cases covered by buyer protection

NZ0-15
Contributor
Contributor

What happen to my active claim cases if PayPal is permanently limiting my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NZ0-15 

Paypal would honour any claims a buyer won under their buyer protection policy.

They would also use any funds in your paypal account to pay those buyers back again.

If you had no funds in there then they would pay the refunds but may chase you for the money to pay them back again via a collections agency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NZ0-15
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass thank you for posting your answer. PayPal has permanently limited my account and I am the buyer not the seller. I have an escalated claim and the seller was supposed to respond within 10 days however, the seller did not respond, from what I read PayPal wail favour me due to the absence of seller's response? But the case went automatically to under review (has been the same status since 1 day now) and no timeline is given for resolution. This is what's mentioned:

Case Status:Under review

We’re reviewing your case and will get back to you soon. As we review this case, you may submit any additional information that you have."

What does this mean? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.