Money request canceled

ArkturusRX
Contributor
Contributor

On may 28 I sent via friends and family a payment of 22usd (22,02 with fee) but it turned out to be a fraud and I didnt recieve the service I was paying for, I filled a claim but recieved a reply that paypal cant do anything about it. On may 29 I recieved an email from paypal that money request has been canceled from the same user, 20€. Is this the same request and means I will be getting my money back or it means something different? My bank account stil has the original payment and no refund arived since then.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArkturusRX 

The canceled money request could mean they canceled the original request they sent you if you did not use it to send payment and used Send & Request tab from your PayPal account. Or you sent a money request to get your money back and they didn’t pay it and canceled it instead. Only you would know. If you haven’t already guessed it, you’re not getting a refund.

Please use goods and services option when making a purchase so you’ll have buyer protection. Buyer protection does not apply to friends and family payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ArkturusRX
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, thats a bit confusing, I recieved link (paypal.me/user) and send money like that. What does the cancel request mean then? They send me another request after they had my email/paypal acc and canceled that? Or they canceled the original payment I send in the first place. Thanks

Login to Me Too

ArkturusRX
Contributor
Contributor

the transaction ID´s from both dont match and the request canceled one says it was requested by the "seller"

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArkturusRX wrote:

the transaction ID´s from both dont match and the request canceled one says it was requested by the "seller"

The seller sent a money request for you to pay them and then canceled it since you used the PayPal.me link to pay. A money request is an informal invoice a seller sends to a buyer to make payment with.

The canceled money request is not a refund and not a cancellation of the PayPal.me payment you made.

If you had received a refund, you will see refund transaction in the Activity page and a reference to the refund transaction in the original payment transaction.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ArkturusRX wrote:

Okay, thats a bit confusing, I recieved link (paypal.me/user) and send money like that. What does the cancel request mean then? They send me another request after they had my email/paypal acc and canceled that? Or they canceled the original payment I send in the first place. Thanks

The seller basically gave you two ways to pay: the PayPal.me link and sent a money request (an informal invoice). The seller simply canceled the money request they sent, that’s all. They didn’t cancel the original payment and did not send a refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.