Limit Expand Scam!

Hein-htet
Contributor
Contributor

Below is the message in the email,  i think it is scam. In this case someone is paying me money for buying my used furniture. I dont know why paypal would send from aol email. Can anyone advise what this is? Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: READ CAREFULLY THE BELOW MESSAGES AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN SO WE CAN FINALLY PROCESS YOUR PAYMENT WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY.  

We are really sorry for the late response. We encountered a little problem while crediting your PayPal account, you have a pending payment of 
$1,800.00 AUD but we have a problem crediting your PayPal account with that amount.

Your PayPal account has a small limit of an amount that can be deposited into it therefore you are required to quickly expand the limits of your PayPal account to enable your account to have a fund maximum limits. 
You can take this few steps to expand your limit:

Contact the last payer of your account Jennifer to send in an additional payment of $700.00 AUD so that your account limit can be expanded, as soon as this is done, we will credit the total amount of $2,500.00 AUD into your account immediately without any further delay.

Note that an alert has also been sent to Jennifer in regards to the $700.00 AUD additional payment he has to send to you, we will secure this transaction with high priority so that neither the payer nor the payee will lose their funds in this transaction.

We await your swift response.

Thank you for using PayPal! 
The PayPal Team

Copyright © 1999-2022 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (USA) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hein-htet 

100% TOTAL SCAM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hein-htet
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.