Is this request phishing? What do I do about it?
I've been on hold forever, so am coming here -- forgive me if this isn't 100 percent correct, or redirect me, please, if I need to go elsewhere.
The problem is that I have on my activity page a "pending" request from someone whose name I do not recognize with the first part of their email address given as achhelals592. She's asking for $650.00 and the note says "If you did not make this Coinbase transaction, please call us our toll free number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]to cancel and claim a refund $650. 0 within 24 hours. The date I received this was Dec. 12 and as far as I know the money wasn't sent, but it says "Completed" under the request. How do I get this OFF of my activities list and check to see if she was paid the $650 she requested? I have been on hold for about an hour and cannot hold any more... and don't know where to "drop us a line from your PayPal account." It says to do this on the recording, so I will follow that instruction also, assuming I can do that correctly. In the meantime, since I can do this, I am doing it for any help or feedback available.
Fraud & Phishing
It’s indeed a unsolicited/unwarranted request.
Click the pink warning box on this help page:
Or see the first scam listed:
Follow the directions to decline/cancel invoice or request:
If there isn’t an option to decline/cancel, forward the received PayPal email triggered by this money request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Online outlet not responding to my request to return. Do I have any grounds to open a dispute? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Request payment from buyer in Transactions Archives
- How do I cancel a withdrawal? in Transactions Archives
- I have two paypal accounts. A customer mistakenly sent money to the new a/c where it is on hold. in Transactions Archives
- another user doing fraud in Security and Fraud Archives