Is that legit? Dell Inspiron 17 7000 i7 11th generation for $88  - Paypal says yes

thenoscam
Contributor
Contributor

So I saw a unbelievable deal on a 2021 notebook that was so unbelievable that, well, I didn't believe it. 

Dell New Inspiron 17 7000 2-In-1 Laptop i7 11th generation for $88 

https://www.schengenspace.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=83

So I did send a the link to spoof@paypal.com and the reply was "no, looks fine". I also send them the Paypal account name, actually 3 in the last 3 days, all point to China. They honorable Paypal members seems to change accounts, or account names frequently.

Something tells me that even though Paypal told me it's fine that I should buy it. What you think?

On a totally different subject and absolutely not related to the part above I believe scammers found a way to beat Paypal by changing accounts frequently. I saw some reports where people did not honor the fraud claim because of that. Seems scammers are one step ahead.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

JLKS
Contributor
Contributor

oh i do have a paypal account i just chose to not use it to pay for this ....cough cough...item 

Login to Me Too

Sophiejoy
Contributor
Contributor
I fell victim to this scam. I have reported to Pay Pal and I have to wait to escalate the case on 30 December My question is does Pay Pal not review cases according to their nature e g. fraud. Isn't it better to deal with issues like fraud as quickly as possible?
Login to Me Too

ch0use
Contributor
Contributor
They give the seller time to rebut the fraud report. If you don’t have a tracking number, the seller will provide one. It will show something was delivered in your zip code. Take that tracking number to your local post office and ask that they provide you a letter on USPS letterhead stating that the delivery address for that tracking number is not your address. Provide it to PayPal. PayPal will find in your favor. Do not give up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.