Is my account possible to get limited/blocked if shared same ip address with fraud account

kenwasnab
Contributor
Contributor

one of my housemate which is my college friend told us yesterday that she got her paypal account limited because of negative balance that she didn't will to pay. she didnt tell the full story but i search on google that some people experience account limitation after one of their house member get limitation just because they're in the same house.

will my acc get limitation too because i use same internet connection with her which means the same ip address??

we just shared same ip address, home address that registered on paypal should be different because this house is just a rent house for 3 of us, not our permanent house.

and what should i do so i wont get any account limitation because of her?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor

kenwasnab
Contributor
Contributor

really? im afraid because i read some people experience about how his account got limited too because of his son account have negative balance and they in the same house and internet connection too. 

thats freak me out because i dont have any connection with my friend. just share same wifi connection with her

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kenwasnab 

I'm afraid @ShaqOatmeal advice is sadly incorrect.

Unfortunately sometimes it does happen that if an account is limited then other accounts under that same I.P address can suffer the same fate.

I have seen posters reporting it on here over the years.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and speak to them about what has happened to make sure they don't limit you by mistake, best be safe than sorry.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.