I was charged twice for multipaal payments to a employee

remarcable
Contributor
Contributor

I used Pay Pal to pay a virtual assistant in the Philippines.  Each time the payment was executed by me from my office computer the assistant was able to get pay pal to pay him the second time.  How was the exact payment charged to be able to be submitted twice by the employee?  I reported this Fraud to PayPal, and they closed my dispute without acknowledging the fraud committed through their system? Why were payments made that did not originate from my computer?  Each double payment was for the exact amount I sent.  This was a fraud, and I don't understand why Pay Pal did not help me.       Please help me understand where my thinking is not correct.  Do you think there was more than Pay Pal could have done?  I'm a small business and believed my transactions were secure.  How can I get Pay Pal to reopen my case and provide a solution?  Has something like this happened to you, and how was it resolved?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @remarcable

Thank you for your post and your question. 

PayPal is a user initiated system so only payment initiated by you can be sent. It wouldn't be possible for your employee to take a payment twice. They can only take a payment if you sent it. If you are seeing something else happening, then please contact us directly so your account can be reviewed. 

There are a number of ways to contact us. You can contact us via the "help and contact" link on your PayPal account which will give you the option to call us or contact us via our chat bot. You can also contact us via our social media channels on Twitter and Facebook

Please do come back and let us know how you get on as it may help other members, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.