I think its FAKE ! help pleaseeee

Brittpurpl3
Contributor
Contributor

I think the place i ordered from is a scam ...how can i tell ? I ordered from Doc Martens from the US online but I got a paypal receipt from some place in China....i GOOGLED it..and the company doesnt appear to exist . HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brittpurpl3 

In that case, you have to contact your financial institution to see if they will let you chargeback the transaction. You have to pay through a PayPal account in order to dispute under PayPal buyer protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brittpurpl3 

Yes, there are fake brand names websites out there so be careful that you’re going to the correct site. Be careful of ads too.

Head over to the resolution center to open an item not received dispute.

Login to Me Too

Brittpurpl3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! @sharpiemarker thank you for your help! It seems i cant report a problem because it wasnt a paypal transaction . I didnt pay with paypal i paid via debit card.but the receipt i got via email was via paypal.. im even more confused now 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brittpurpl3 

In that case, you have to contact your financial institution to see if they will let you chargeback the transaction. You have to pay through a PayPal account in order to dispute under PayPal buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

DebbPinn
New Community Member
Hello I having the same problem, I brought a pair yesterday and I noticed that the "company" is from China. I reached PayPal to help me with the problem and I have to wait one more week to open a case but this is awful... Did you resolve this problem or your money was stolen too?
Login to Me Too

Brittpurpl3
Contributor
Contributor

OMG.. Nothing was resolved I tihnk because i didnt pay through my own paypal accoutn. I paid with my credit card through THEIR pay pal . I disputed the charge through my credit card company im hoping that helps 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brittpurpl3 

Purchase protection comes as a benefit of creating a PayPal account, but under some circumstances, a representative may be able to assist even with a guest transaction. 

So contact customer services and they may open a claim for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@DebbPinn, 

The money was not stolen, you gave PayPal permission to complete the payment when you initiated the transaction. The reason why the delay in opening a claim for 10 days is to avoid customers abusing our system, also it gives you time to contact the seller directly, this can avoid a case being opened by PayPal. 

Going forward I would advise you to review sellers' feedback to make sure they're not abroad. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.