I say I have cash seller wants more, is this fraudulent?

Birddude
Contributor
Contributor

I'm attempting to purchase an antique motorcycle and twice now seller's have had firm prices. I agreed with price, notified each, different sides of USA, cash ready. PayPal accepted and one said cash buyer coming by tomorrow,...bike sold and second now says similar. I'm thinking "bait and switch"? I am not cheap nor broke and even set up U-Ship! I don't like being used and want to advise others of the potential spamming. How?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Birddude,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to deal with this. This certainly sounds like a frustrating situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

You can visit the following Help Center article to view steps to take to report a potential fraudulent seller:

How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Birddude
Contributor
Contributor
No, this standard, from the box, reply does not help. I want to know if there is a way to flag what I feel is unethical practice in selling expensive items with only photos to go on. I understand "buyers be ware" however can we warn others through posting sites BEFORE getting taken from a specific SCAMMER?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.