I am unable to dispute unauthorized payments to a fake Google account

quaelinn
Contributor
Contributor

My account was set to automatically pay Google. I had paid 10 payments of $1.09 before I figured out how to stop the automatic payments (refer to the first picture). I checked Google's website for fraudulent payments, and they said it would begin with the words "GOOGLE*" and have the app for the payment afterward. My unauthorized payments were for "PP*GOOGLE ANETTE [removed]," and the purchase details said it was for "Vip 1 (Work Three Chairs)." I created my PayPal account a few days ago, on July 17. Since then, I have made only two authorized payments (refer to the second picture). Today, the unauthorized payments just started. I have not shared my PayPal account with anyone else and did not make any payments without realizing it, as I have only used PayPal twice now.

I have tried to go and dispute the claim; however, PayPal wants me to contact the seller first. Unfortunately, the "seller" has only given a website to a Google Help page, and the email [removed] as their contact (refer to the third picture; the email is not real as the real email I have got google alerts and such from is [removed] I have added the spaces since I cannot put full emails in my post). I still emailed them, but I highly doubt there will be a response. I searched it up, and "@google.com" accounts are only meant for Google employees working in corporate, so I highly doubt they would use no-reply in their email and request unauthorized payments from me. I cannot provide proof of contact to PayPal as there is no way for me to contact them. Is there anything I can do?

[removed]

2 - My Payments.jpg3 - Unable to Contact.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@quaelinn 

Best bet is to contact customer services and ask them to file dispute(s)i for you:

1. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us     

2. Click Password and account access      

3. Click Report unauthorized access or unknown charges     

4. Click Call Us after the “This information might help” box.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@quaelinn 

Best bet is to contact customer services and ask them to file dispute(s)i for you:

1. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us     

2. Click Password and account access      

3. Click Report unauthorized access or unknown charges     

4. Click Call Us after the “This information might help” box.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.