How can I check on a seller's account,I get a concerning error message when I try to pay

LAF3
Contributor
Contributor

How can I check on a seller's account,I get this concerning error message when I try to pay......PayPal error:
Error: /v2/checkout/orders returned status 422 (Corr ID: f37502443ba20). {"name":"UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY","details":[{"field":"/purchase_units/@reference_id=='lisah06j'/payee","location":"body","issue":"PAYEE_ACCOUNT_RESTRICTED","description":"The merchant account is restricted."}],"message":"The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.","debug_id":"f37502443ba20","links":[{"href":"","rel":"information_link","method":"GET"}]}

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LAF3 

You don’t need to check on the seller. Just tell the seller to fix their account as it might be restricted by PayPal because you get that error message. If they respond then they are a legit, conscientious seller. Otherwise, scammer or fake site.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Wolfie8
Contributor
Contributor

PAYEE_ACCOUNT_RESTRICTED The merchant account is restricted.

Hi, I'm a seller with a new website and I'm getting that message on my site when trying to make a transaction. Everything is set up and verified, the plugin is ok and I've been told to contact PayPal, as they are the ones who need to resolve the issue. Is there a way to email or message Paypay? All I get is automated responses & that isn't helping. Is the only way to get help from a person to call?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Wolfie8

Welcome! Sorry to hear you're receiving that error. It sounds like you may have a limitation on your account. Any steps to resolve a limitation can normally be found in your Resolution Center. I'd recommend checking there to fix that error. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wolfie8
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply

Yeah. They needed photo ID. I sent it a few days ago, but haven't heard anything as of yet. Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@Wolfie8, Welcome back and thanks for the update! Normally, it takes around 2-4 business days for any uploaded information to be reviewed. Keep an eye on your inbox or Resolution Center for any updates. 

Apologies for any inconvenience and best wishes!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wolfie8
Contributor
Contributor

Appreciate the reply. I was wondering if everything was ok & starting to worry a bit. So, I won't worry just yet : )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.