Gmail account linked with paypal has been hacked,anything i can do to protect my payal?

gmailquestion13
Contributor
Contributor

Gmail account linked with paypal has been hacked,anything i can do to protect my payal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hello @gmailquestion13,

Thanks for visiting the Community.

I'm so sorry to hear that your email was hacked - that's definitely very concerning!

Are you still able to log in to your PayPal account at the moment? If so, I would suggest signing in to your PayPal account and changing the primary email address for your account and removing the compromised email after you confirm the new one. I also highly suggest changing your PayPal password once you change your email address. 

If you're unable to sign in, please do give us a call so we can assist you with securing your account. You can reach us by selecting "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps and wish you luck!

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.