Fraudulent Chinese Merchants Gaming the System
So I did something stupid and bought something after seeing a facebook ad. The product looked amazing and it was pretty cheap. Clicked the link to buy it, and paid for express shipping and done. Waited over 3 weeks to receive it since they charged extra money for express and didn't actually ship express.
When I went to the transaction in my PayPal account, I discovered a hidden fee that was passed along that was NOT on the checkout page nor the amount I agreed to. I have screenshots for both. Once I received the product, it was completely garbage and nothing like the ad showed.
1. First I complained about this bogus extra fee they charged me. They replied back saying it was a tax which was a lie. I pushed back, then they said it was insurance fee... again another lie.
2. So I opened up a dispute and thinking with all my screenshots and proofs that would be the end of it. But no... this merchant found a way to game the system.
3. First they offered to refund me back a token fee of $11 telling me it would be expensive for me to ship back their garbage product and they know it. I refused.
4. Then after escalating my dispute, they quickly offered me a full refund, only AFTER they confirmed receiving the product back. So now I have to pay out of pocket to ship back this bogus product for a refund.
4. So out of principle since I didn't want them to win, I shipped the product back to Hong Kong paying for it, thinking that would be the end of the issue... but nope, the address they provided for the return address is fake/fraudulent, so now my shipment is bouncing back.
5. I updated my dispute with this new status, and the merchant simply updated the dispute me back saying the same thing as before"agreed to issue a full refund, once you return the items..."
So now I'm stuck in an endless loop, and PayPal dispute team hasn't even seen all the proofs I provided since they think it's being handled between us.... Honestly, it's not a lot of money... but it's the principle of the matter and the audacity of this scam and how many people are being cheated.
How can I get someone from PayPal to review the dispute details and see what kind of scam this merchant is pulling. There a SOOOO many other people complaining about this merchant on Trustpilot and Facebook
Disputes & Chargebacks
Hello @SilentSword and @Jblynch1,
Welcome back to the Community!
I'm sorry to hear you have both had difficulty with your recent disputes. To create an amicable solution, we may ask that the item is returned before a full refund is issued. For assistance with your current case status, feel free to reach out to Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.
I hope you receive an update soon!
If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum!
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- FRAUD: Weisailing Network Technology Co., Ltd. (Shemby, Unicotok), no resolution by Paypal. in Security and Fraud Archives
- dispute claims in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent purchase from Giske trading. Chinese scammers. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraudulent refund claims resulting in chargebacks and stolen funds in Security and Fraud Archives