Buyer Chargeback Scam Help
Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item or item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- buyer wants to cancel after having paid I did not accept payment in Transactions Archives
- Why does PayPal always side with the buyer even I provide all proof with tracking info? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Buyer protection query in Security and Fraud Archives
- A buyer scammed me, but the case was "closed in buyer's favor" in Security and Fraud Archives
- Scammer ordered FOUR times and Paypal still kept my money. How is this allowed? in Security and Fraud Archives